Welcome to the website of the Library Consortium of New Zealand
The Library Consortium of New Zealand (LCoNZ) is a national, virtual organisation established in 2004 by four universities: AUT University, University of Waikato, Victoria University of Wellington and the University of Otago.
LCoNZ vision is:
To use and develop the best enabling technologies in a collaboration which will enhance the innovative delivery of library and information resources and services to the New Zealand tertiary learning and research community.
Since its establishment LCoNZ has:
- Implemented a shared Library Management System (Voyager by ExLibris)
- Established external hosting and a good business relationship with Datacom
- Set up a company with resources to implement LCoNZ initiatives, including the establishment of an LCoNZ office
- Implemented a Borrow Direct service
- Implemented Serials Solutions Summon
- Implemented OCLC VDX Interlibrary Loan
- Contracted Waikato ITS to host, manage and customise the LCoNZ Institutional Research Repositories
- Upskilled staff through participation in collaborative projects
- Facilitated links and collaboration between library staff
- Arranged Māori translations to provide for Māori interfaces to both Voyager and Summon
- Provided Wiki tools for knowledge and information sharing
- Developed international contacts with ExLibris users
- Implemented many successful upgrades through the consortium
- Acquired Unitec as a customer for their DSpace Institutional Research Repository
- Acquired Canterbury University as a customer for VDX interlibrary loan.